HPS TruWave™ active harmonic filter (AHF) (equivalent to Mesta Electronics DPM product) is a comprehensive and flexible solution for harmonic mitigation. It provides the advanced control and proven reliability that your facility needs to solve power quality issues.
It monitors the load current and very quickly responds to the power system distortion as it develops. A corrective current is injected to effectively cancel out the harmonics required from the upstream power source. The result is a harmonic load on the power system that is acceptable, with more balanced current and voltage waveforms.
HPS TruWave™ operates at one of the highest efficiencies for any AHF, ensuring that losses are minimized. It is a critical addition to any plant or facility requiring IEEE-519 compliance.
Now featuring Waveform Display:
The LCD touch screen allows the operator to view a single AC line period of multiple voltage and current parameters of the active harmonic filter (AHF). This is an oscilloscope function that provides useful diagnostic information about the status of the system without needing to connect to an oscilloscope.
There are 21 available parameters for viewing. Both single capture and continuous capture are available. This allows the operator to track load changes and see exactly what correction the AHF is providing.
- Sizing Questionnaire
- TruWave Sizing Estimator
- HPS TruWave EDS file - EDS file is usable with HPS TruWave product and may reference Mesta Electronics DPM Product
Declarations and Certificates:
Witness real time testing of the HPS TruWave in the HPS Power Quality lab. Learn more here.
View our FAQ section for answers to common active harmonic filter questions.
- Voltage Rating: 208-480 VAC; +12%/-15% (600 VAC with the use of autotransformer)
- Current Rating: 50A, 100A, 150A, 200A, 300A @208-480VAC (40A, 80A, 120A, 160A, 240A @600VAC)
- Frequency: 50Hz or 60Hz, ±5Hz
- System Configuration: 3 phase, 3 wire, plus ground (consult HPS for use on 4-wire systems with significant line-to-neutral loading)
- Harmonic Attenuation: < 5% TDD as per IEEE 519-2014 (typically requires either 3% line reactor or 4% DC choke)
- Actively reduces harmonic distortion to below 5% complying with IEEE-519 recommendation
- Improves power factor resulting in decreased utility cost
- Parallel system installation to accommodate large scale applications
- 98% operation efficiency to lower operational costs and increased reliability
- Balances three phase loads for increased usable system capacity
- Corrects for single/multiple loads enabling cost effective solutions
- Standard factory warranty is 18 months from the date of shipment, or one year from the verified date of startup, whichever comes first.
Product Catalogs and Literature
Instruction Sheets and Manuals
Leverage many tools to assist you with your technical questions: Customer Service, FAQs, Troubleshooting Guide, Installation Manuals, Instruction Sheets and Webinars.
Get answers to our most frequently asked questions.