Passive Harmonic Filter
HPS Centurion™ P
HPS Centurion™ P passive harmonic filter is specifically engineered to mitigate harmonic currents created by non-linear loads. It is currently available from 5 to 500 horsepower and it improves power quality by simultaneously reducing harmonics and improving true power factor. The advanced HPS design delivers superior performance compared to a traditional harmonic filter by reducing harmonic current distortion to less than 5%, corrects true power factor to over 95%, and meets IEEE 519 harmonic requirements.
HPS Centurion P consists of reactors and capacitors in an LCL arrangement designed to reduce a broad range of harmonics associated with variable frequency drives and other three phase rectifiers.
Throughout of the development of our passive harmonic filter, HPS has been validating performance through a real system installation.
The measurements were taken on the input of the passive harmonic filter and on the input of a variable frequency drive without the passive harmonic filter. The actual measured data points were used to show the current distortion as well as the harmonic spectrum:
- Voltage Rating: 480VAC or 600VAC +/-10%
- Input Power Rating: 480VAC: 8 – 632A (5-500HP); 600VAC: 6-505A (5-500HP)
- Harmonic Attenuation:
- Total Current Distortion (THDi): <5% @ full load; <8% @30% load
- Total Voltage Distortion (THDv): <2%
- Harmonic Mitigation: 5th, 7th, 11th, 13th, etc. (major 6-pulse rectifier harmonics)
- Efficiency: No less than 99% at full load
- Typical Power Factor: >95%
- Overload Capability: 150% of rated current for 1 minute
- Enclosure Type: Open or Type 3R
- Approval: cUL Listed (E61431)
Leverage many tools to assist you with your technical questions: Customer Service, FAQs, Troubleshooting Guide, Installation Manuals, Instruction Sheets and Webinars.
Get answers to our most frequently asked questions.