What information is needed to size an Active Harmonic Filter
The following information is all required in order to correctly size an active harmonic filter:
- One-line diagram of the system. Location and size of VFD’s and Power Factor Correction Capacitors is very useful.
- Detailed equipment lists can also be used, especially in conjunction with one-line diagrams.
- VFD information: Horse Power or Current size.
- Are line reactors being used with each VFD? If so what is the impedance?
- Will the active filters operate on generator?
- Are there any large soft start loads located downstream of the AHF?
- Local Environmental Conditions