What are Important Specifications for a Marine Duty Transformer?
Marine Duty is often left to the manufacturer to define. HPS provides American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) approved transformers which include:
- Copper or aluminum windings
- Dry-type convection-cooled
- Standard NEMA taps
- 150ºC, 115ºC or 80ºC temperature rise available
- 220ºC, 200ºC or 180ºC insulation system available
- VPI Impregnation for salt environments
- Fungus resistant
- Braced for marine applications
- Enclosures: NEMA 2 or NEMA 3R (per ABS requirements)
- Stainless steel hardware (on units over 1000kVA)
- UV protection for outdoor enclosures
- UL50 frames, channels, etc.
- CSA, UL and ABS approval (Lloyd’s Register and DNV approval available upon request)